Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
Hey everyone! As you can see this recipe is not so paleo, it does have bread. However, if you’re doing Paleo as I am; switch out the bread for lettuce leaves.
Since it has been a little rainy the past few days and we are slowly getting into fall, I thought this was a good transitional food.
Lets begin! This serves approx 4
- 8 oz of brown mushrooms
- vegan shredded cheese
- orange bell peppers, sliced
- red onion, sliced
- 1 – 4 oz can diced green chilies
- 6 0z Steak
- 1 tbsp of Olive oil
- 4 large lettuce leaves or if you’re not paleo use French rolls
- Heat oil in pan. Add bell pepper and onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook approximately 2 more minutes.
- Take veggies out of pan and add steak. Cook 2 min on each side and then slice.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place veggies back in pan and top with vegan cheese. ( If using bread, top one slice with veggie mix and top with vegan cheese and other place steak atop.)
- Cook until cheese has melted and serve. Lettuce: Scoop mixture into lettuce cup and eat. Bread: combine both slices and eat.
I hope you enjoy!