Turkey Stuffed Pumpkin
I have been saving this recipe for this holiday in particular! Normally, I am not a pumpkin fan. However, the way this dish is served; it is savory and delicious. It’s similar to a Stuffed bell pepper and a squash. Let’s begin!
- 4 Mini sugar pumpkins
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 8 basil leaves sliced
- 1 onion diced finely
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Cut tops from pumpkin and scoop out innards. Only leaving the flesh of the pumpkin. Brush inside and out with olive oil and salt. Poke holes on outside of pumpkins.
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet, place pumpkins open face down and bake one hour.
- place uncooked quinoa in pot add 1 cup water. Bring to boil and then simmer until water is absorbed.
- while pumpkins are baking, heat 1 tbsp oil in pan add turkey and all’s seasoning. Cook through about 10-15 minutes or browned. Remove turkey from pan.
- Add onions, cook until translucent, add tomato. Place turkey back in pan, add quinoa and tomato sauce.
- Take out pumpkin and fill with turkey blend.
- Serve and enjoy! (Do not eat the skin of the pumpkin, just scoop the inside of pumpkin into your spoon or fork with each bite)