A Healthier Shrimp Scampi
Hi everyone! This isn’t as healthy as I would like, but it definitely is a cleaner version than the traditional shrimp scampi. I had a pasta craving, so this is what I made. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 9 oz Sweet potato fettuccine
- 4 garlic cloves , chopped
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lemon
- In a deep pan, melt ghee with oil. Add garlic and shallot. Sauté one minute.
- Add broth, red pepper flakes, garlic and onion powder. Bring to a simmer and let reduce by half. (Approximately 5 minutes)
- Add Shrimp, cook 3 minutes and flip and cook other side 3 minutes.
- While shrimp is cooking, you will want to boil water and cook pasta. The pasta I used was fresh pasta, so it only took about 5 minutes. (You will want to cook your pasta to your liking).
- After the shrimp has cooked site in the cilantro and the lemon juice.
- Serve pasta and top with shrimp and scampi sauce.