This recipe is a classic recipe. It is not paleo, nor clean. However, after the holidays; I am still hosting parties. This simple classic recipe is perfect, when you plan to have company over.
- 1 tomato diced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 basil leave stalks, sliced
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic
- 1/2 baguette
- Chop tomato and slice basil. Place into a bowl and toss with 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of pepper and 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit
- Slice baguette and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle remaining oil on the bread. Toast for about 5-10 minutes. (Just until your bread is toasted slightly. It could use less time.)
- Once the baguette is toasted. Place bread on a serving plate, spoon tomato mixture on the sliced toast.
- Drizzle balsamic atop the tomato and toast and serve!