Turkey Bacon Wrapped Asparagus with a Berry Compote
Its time for another new recipe. This one I made over the holidays, but it is also good for a party appetizer. Since Super Bowl has just passed, I wanted to share something healthy. It’s a good recipe for hosting for friends or if you don’t want a big meal. The compote is a little more time consuming but I’ll list both recipes.
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- In a sauce pan add water and berries.
- Hear pan on medium until berries start to release juice. Then add honey and balsamic.
- Start to mash the berries. Mix well and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 30 minutes at least ( the longer it sits the more the sauce thickens).
use the Compote as dip for the asparagus, or drizzle over.
Turkey Bacon Wrapped Asparagus:
- 10 stalks asparagus
- 5 slices turkey bacon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash asparagus, discard dead pieces and cut off bottom ends.
- Cut bacon in half lengthwise.
- Wrap each stalk of asparagus with a half of bacon.
- Place a wire rack inside a sheet pan. Place the Wrapped asparagus atop the wire rack.
- Brush oil, salt and pepper over asparagus.
- Bake 20 minutes