Chipotle Salmon Squash Salad
Today since the weather has been a little up and down, particularly for this month. I thought I would do a blended salad. It’s spicy and refreshing, I hope you enjoy it. If you aren’t a fan of seafood this recipe probably isn’t for you. Ok, I’ll stop talking and get to it.
- 1 mango diced
- 2 salmon fillets without skin 4oz each.
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1 butternut squash peeled, cored and diced.
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Sauce from a can of adobo chilies
- 2 tsp salt and 1tsp pepper
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 limes juiced
- Bring a pot of water to a boil with 1 tsp salt. Large enough to hold the cubes squash. Boil approximately 15 minutes. Once the squash is boiled, strain it and set it aside in a bowl.
- Place 2 tbsp oil in a sauté pan on medium-high heat. Add salmon with adobo sauce and cider vinegar. Cook through 5 minutes per side.
- Remove salmon from sauce and flake . One that is completed, add the salmon to the bowl with squash.
- Min sauté pan add 1 tbsp of oil, add chopped onion and cook until translucent. Then add garlic for 1 min and transfer to the squash bowl.
- Take the squash bowl and add lime juice, 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of pepper and lightly toss.
- Place mixture, covered, in the fridge. Let chill for an hour and serve!!