Paleo Pesto Chicken Lasagna
I had a lot of fun with this recipe. It’s super healthy, clean and have a lot of healthy alternatives to your normal comfort food. Today was a very stressful day at work and I really wanted something junk filled and comforting. This helped kick that craving and provided the nutrition I need for a busy day. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pesto from above
- 5 zucchini
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 bag of daiya pepper jack shredded cheese
- 2 cups spinach leaves packed
- 1 can artichoke hearts, strained
- pot of water 3/4 full
For the Pesto:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Bring pot of water to a boil. Add salt. Place chicken breast in water and let boil approximately 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from water and place in a bowl. Let cool about 10 minutes, then shred.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss shredded chicken with spices
- Slice zucchini with a mandolin making fine slices, lengthwise.
- Take a 9×13 glass pan. Layer a thin layer of pesto at base, top with zucchini. Then another layer of pesto. Then layer spinach, artichoke and chicken and then daiya cheese.
- Repeat step five until you’re out of ingredients. Last layer should be the cheese, so make sure you’ve reserved enough for the top.
- Bake lasagna for about 45 minutes and serve!