Mini Chile Rellenos Bites
I haven’t been posting recipes, but for good reason. I have a new inventory of recipes coming up! I will begin to post them in September, so stay tuned. However, to show a sneak peek. Here is one recipe I made. It can be a breakfast, snack or dinner. Enjoy!
Mild salsa Ingredients:
- 1/3 onion
- 4 tomatoes, cut coarsely
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 poblano pepper, deseeded.
- 1/4 cup green olives
- Cut onion and onion coarsley.
- Deseed poblano pepper
- Only take leaves from cilantro
- Juice limes
- Take onion, tomatoes, cilantro , lime juice and poblano pepper. Blend into a consistency of your liking.
- Slice green olives and add into the salsa.
Chile Rellenos Bites ingredients:
- 3 Poblano peppers
- 8 whipped egg whites
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- vegetable oil
chile Rellenos Bites Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place foil on a baking sheet and add poblanos. Place on top rack and roast. Let skins of the peppers blacken and blister. This should take between 10-15 minutes.
- While poblanos are roasting, coat a muffin pan with oil.
- Heat a tbsp of oil in sauté pan. Add ground turkey. Sprinkle in paprika, chili powder and cumin. Cook all the way through about 10 minutes.
- Once the turkey is cooked layer the turkey into 6 muffin molds.
- Then take out the poblanos from the oven. Let cool or use utensils to avoid burning yourself and remove skin from peppers. Remove stem and seeds as well.
- Chop the poblanos finely and layer atop the turkey.
- Place your egg whites in a medium bowl and whisk until frothy. Pour a little less than a fourth of a cup of the egg whites atop the peppers.
- Place mini Rellenos into oven middle rack and bake until the egg starts to golden. Timing may vary.
- Serve with salsa!