Hey everyone! I have a new refreshing recipe. I know we are getting through the summer fairly quickly. However, the heat has not subsided much. I thought this might be nice. It’s light and you can have it as a side or as dinner. I hope you like it!
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 4 tbsp sliced mint leaves
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 salmon filets 4oz in size
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- First thing is first. Prepare all of your ingredients. Preheat oven to 350.
- Place your quinoa and water in a medium pot. Bring your water to a boil. Once the water is at a boil , cover and bring down to a simmer. Allowing the quinoa to cook for approximately 15 minutes. You may want to stir this periodically, to prevent sticking.
- While the quinoa is cooking whisk your vinaigrette ingredients and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, place the salmon filets on parchment paper. squeeze juice of one lemon and a tbsp of oil over the salmon and bake until cooked through. About 12 minutes but it could be more depending on how thick the slices are.
- Once cooked let cool and shred your salmon.
- Take your tabbouleh ingredients and place in medium bowl with salmon.
- Toss ingredients with vinaigrette and refrigerate at least a half hour. If you can wait an hour or two it will be better.
- Once it has marinated, serve and enjoy!